[DRBD-user] Three-way replication setup

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Jun 5 20:34:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

Luca Fornasari <luca.fornasari at upprovider.it> schrieb:
>I have already setup a two  node HA Proxmox cluster configuring as per
><http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster>
>http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD
>So I have a primary/primary DRBD resource (yes I configured fencing
>correctly).
>
>I'm wondering if I can set up third (remote) machine and have a
>three-way replication setup as per
>http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-three-nodes.html
>
>Anyone has already experiment such scenario?

I believe that three nodes including dual-primary is probably a nightmare to setup and an even worse nightmare configuring a cluster to automate it...

As far as I was told, linbit is working on three-way drbd-replication on a single-layer. But there are other systems both on the block- and on the fs-layer that do n-way replication...

Have fun,

Arnold