[DRBD-user] Three-way replication setup

Luca Fornasari luca.fornasari at upprovider.it
Tue Jun 5 18:08:50 CEST 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [DRBD-user] Three-way replication setup
From: Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de>
To: Luca Fornasari <luca.fornasari at upprovider.it>
CC: drbd-user at lists.linbit.com
Date: 06/05/2012 05:43 PM
> Hi,
>
> On 06/05/2012 05:23 PM, Luca Fornasari wrote:
>> I have already setup a two  node HA Proxmox cluster configuring as per
>> <http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster>
>> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD
>> So I have a primary/primary DRBD resource (yes I configured fencing
>> correctly).
>>
>> I'm wondering if I can set up third (remote) machine and have a
>> three-way replication setup as per
>> http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-three-nodes.html
>>
>> Anyone has already experiment such scenario?
> I'm not 100% certain, but the idea is begging the question: Which of
> your primaries should be the prospective peer of your third node?

I belive I'm missing some important point.
Let's use the diagram reachable at
http://www.drbd.org/users-guide-8.3/s-three-way-repl.html

In my setup I can see the upper layer resource on "primary" and "backup"
but have no idea how to access the resource on "secondary" in case
primary crashes.
Shoul I access the lower layer resource on "secondary" (after promoting
it to primary)?

Thanks in advance

---
Luca Fornasari