[DRBD-user] Split Brain due to 'diskless' state with pacemaker/heartbeat

Philip Gaw pgaw at darktech.org.uk
Tue Jun 5 12:10:26 CEST 2012

<snip>
>>> local-io-error handler is called after the device was detached already.
>>> it is just an additional action.
>> Oh. That I didn't know, and the man page doesn't say so. Well then that
>> approach is out anyway.
> No. Why?
> Just place a "fence-myself" constraint from local-io-error handler,
> as I think you suggested earlier.

I plan to take the following action -

1. Document the problem in detail on the wiki, should I ever come across
it >6months down the line.
2. Apply a "fence myself" style constraint in pacemaker with
local-io-error, which should prevent this problem from occurring on a
two node primary/secondary setup.
3. Plenty of testing :-)

Thanks to everyone for their responses.