[DRBD-user] Performance hit DRBD vs raw block device, even when disconnected

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Jun 5 09:32:25 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 02:43:31PM +0200, Florian Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Wiebe Cazemier <wiebe at halfgaar.net> wrote:

Uhm what?

If you disable something that is known to cost performance,
you get even less performance?

First time I hear that.

Did you try the "deadline" io scheduler already?

Also at least try 8.3.13, maybe it even helps.
Though for the described symptoms, I would not know why, exactly.

> > And about putting meta data on RAID1; do you mean a dedicated array
> > specifically for DRBD meta data?

What I am saing is, synchronous single sector writes
which is what DRBD meta data transactions usually look like,
is the worst possible IO for parity RAID.

--
: Lars Ellenberg