[DRBD-user] sync with wrong data

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Sun Jun 3 01:16:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 06/02/2012 02:54 PM, 陈楠 wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a redundancy server. Primary works fine, but one day, it was
> powered off by accident. I found that secondary cannot start service,
> the reason is that data in synced partition was broken. When origin

when your primary crashes hard, the secondary may need to perform an
fsck before it can mount the partition. There is no such thing as a
built-in data protection.

> primary restart, I found system recoverd ext3 filesystem, but when
> recovered, some data lost. My drbd version is 0.7.21, heartbeat version
> 2.1.14. I want to know the reason. Can the primary error influence the
> partner?

That appears to be pretty ancient. Consider upgrading.

Data loss on hard crashes can happen. Are there volatile write caches in
your I/O system?

HTH,
Felix