[DRBD-user] Online Verify Seems Really Slow

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Fri Jun 1 17:37:24 CEST 2012

Looks like you're using adaptative syncer rate, so verify will be
throttled when applications request I/O. You may tune c-min-rate if it's
OK for you to slow down applications.
During the initial sync, maybe that didn't happen because you simply
didn't have any application I/O going on.

Another wild guess: you don't seem to use a csums-alg, so maybe you CPU
is simply too weak to make a realtime MD5 digest of all the data.
In "top", that would be visible by drbdX_worker using >90% of one core.
In that case you could try a faster digest algorithm like crc32.

Lionel Sausin.