[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Tue Jul 31 15:24:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 07/31/2012 03:07 PM, Jake Smith wrote:
> ## sb-1pri says to discard data on the secondary and resync if there has only been the one primary since the last uptodate status

uhm, no. It's a policy for "what to do if there is only 1 primary at the
time of connecting".
If there has been only 1 primary during disconnection, there is no split
brain.

Being such...

>                 after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;

this is an extremely dangerous setting.

If for any reason, at the time of reconnection the node with the stale
data is primary, you loose your current data.

Best,
Felix