[DRBD-user] how can i reduce the time doing initial full sync

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Tue Jul 31 12:14:45 CEST 2012

Does it matter? Your data is accessible from both nodes while it syncs.

I suppose you have a risk of the primary failing until it has a full
copy on the other node, but since it is a one time, on build, thing it
isn't a big deal.

Short answer is bigger pipe, faster drives, plenty of cpu. And more
pipe. And make sure your configured syncer rate is enough to fully
utilize your connectivity between nodes.

David