[DRBD-user] DRBD - one half of Proxmox cluster miscommunicating

JAMES GIBBON james.gibbon at virgin.net
Tue Jul 31 12:07:59 CEST 2012

On 31 July 2012 10:33, Felix Frank <ff at mpexnet.de> wrote:

> What's bugging me a bit is the relatively high number of "out
> of sync" blocks as reported by your second node. Are you
> absolutely certain that no VM has been started on this node
> since you've lost connectivity? For that matter, how certain
> are you about the exact time your nodes started diverging?
>
> You may want to check your logs. If possible, you may want to
> copy your second node's data before syncing, just to be safe.

Hi Felix,

I did start one or two of the VMs on the second node initially. That's
how I discovered that things had gone wrong. They did start but
gave horrendous errors and hung for half a minute at a time.

But for sure, there aren't any running now on the broken node. The
first node is running all of the VMs, quite smoothly fortunately.

So it's safe to assume that that was the point that the nodes started
to diverge, I believe. Certainly the second node has had the wrong IP
address on the NIC facing the storage since before I attempted to
start any of the VMs.

Not sure I even can copy the second node's data - it's not
communicating with the storage at all. But I only need the first node's
data.

Thanks again,
James