[DRBD-user] Slow Reads on VM - Xenserver and DRBD

Phil Stricker downstreamz at gmx.de
Tue Jul 24 11:46:09 CEST 2012

Hi!

I think, I am seing two different Problems of which one is isolated:

- Slow performance in a VM
The issue seams to be related to different OSs: In a Debian-VM, I am getting nearly full speed of the drbd-block-device , in a CentOS 5.8 VM, I can only see 10% of that speed.

- Slow overall performance of the raid-array:
I cannot reach more than 450 MB/s on the array (LSI 9260-4i, 8x Intel 320 160 GB SSD). I see 450 MB/s in a Raid10 setting and I see 450MB/s in a Raid0 test setting. That is crazy!

Did you ever see that behaviour?

Best wishes,
Phil