[DRBD-user] DRBD and multi core CPUs

Phil Stricker stril at gmx.de
Thu Jul 12 11:36:28 CEST 2012

Hi!

I want to setup another Xenserver-pair with drbd as its block device. Now I have to chose the CPU. Is DRBD able to use multiple CPU cores?

The servers will own two replicated arrays and 1 10 GBit/s replication interface:
- array 1: 8x SSD
- array 2: 2x SAS

Is one of the 8 cores of an Intel Sandy-Bridge 2,4 GHz CPU enough for that drive setup, or would one core of an 4-Core 3,30 Sandy-Bridge CPU better?

Thank you, for your help

Best wishes,
Phil