[DRBD-user] question about start drbd on single node after a power outage

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Jan 31 15:34:39 CET 2012

You were faster than me :)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:04:49 -0500, Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:

> If you want to force the issue though, you can use 'wfc-timeout 300'
> which will tell DRBD to wait up to 5 minutes for it's peer. After that
> time, consider itself primary. Please don't use this though until you've
> exhausted all other ways of starting safely.

There are two (well documented) options in drbd.conf - wfc-timeout and
degr-wfc-timeout. To avoid split-brain i set both to 0.

If you need to skip waiting you can manually do this from the console in
case you start drbd standalone or before cman / pacemaker.

In my case it is exported via iSCSI (not as cluster resource), so have
additional wait loop for both nodes to became UpToDate for _all_ configured
resources before exporting any of them - 'no data' is better than 'broken
data' - yes i have been bitten from the last one (luckily during the
preproduction phase) and believe me you don't wan't that on production
nodes (unless you have static read-only data)