[DRBD-user] Dual-primary to single node

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Jan 17 17:47:04 CET 2012

On 01/17/2012 11:07 AM, CAMPBELL Robert wrote:
> Luis,
>
> I have experienced the same problems, what helped was to 'fence' the
> other node by forcing it into a reboot. I don't quite know why it worked
> (worrying) but I found that if I fenced the other node, I was not
> getting any more time-outs on the drbd block device, which I think is
> what you describe.

https://alteeve.com/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial#Concept.3B_Fencing

:)

> I am using HP servers with iLO3 and RHEL/CentOS, so I used the
> fence_ipmi script included with the CentOS 6.1 distribution (do not
> forget to attach your fence devices to the correct nodes).
>
> Hope it helps!

One thing that Luis hasn't confirmed yet was what, if any, cluster stack
s/he was using with DRBD. fence_ipmilan works with both rgmanager (the
supported resource manager under EL6) and pacemaker (the
future-but-currently-tech-preview resource manager).