[DRBD-user] Dual-primary to single node

Luis M. Carril lmcarril at cesga.es
Tue Jan 17 19:09:40 CET 2012

El 17/01/2012 18:56, Digimer escribió:
> On 01/17/2012 12:32 PM, Luis M. Carril wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>       Ok, the fencing and splitbrain mechanisms only enter to play when
>> both nodes meet again after some failure.
>>       So... meanwhile the nodes doesn´t connect their peer they disallow
>> IO to the volume?
>>
>> Regards
> No, if both nodes go Standalone and Primary, both will allow access to
> the underlying storage, which results in a split brain. Fencing kills
> one of the nodes (either the defective one or the slower one) preventing
> it from changing it's underlying storage.
Umph, but actually I'm testing to drop one node meanwhile it is writing
in the volume, and the volume in the surviving node is stalled
(drbd-overview freezes, but /proc/drbd shows
that it is WTFConnection, Primary and Uptodate), even if I make drbdadm
disconnect manually to make it go StandAlone, IO operations freeze on
the directory.

Maybe is an issue related to OCFS...

Well my configurations are:

In DRBD

global {
     usage-count no;
  }

common {
   protocol C;
   meta-disk internal;
   startup {
     wfc-timeout  300;
     degr-wfc-timeout 120;    # 2 minutes.
     become-primary-on both;
   }

   syncer {
     rate 10M;
   }

   disk {
     on-io-error   detresource r0 {
   startup {
     become-primary-on both;
   }

   net {
     allow-two-primaries;
     after-sb-0pri disconnect;
     after-sb-1pri disconnect;
     after-sb-2pri disconnect;
   }

   on master {
     device    /dev/drbd1;
     disk      /dev/xvde;
     address   10.0.0.2:7789;
     meta-disk internal;
   }
   on shadow {
     device    /dev/drbd1;
     disk      /dev/xvde;
     address   10.0.0.3:7789;
     meta-disk internal;
   }
}ach;
   }
}

In OCFS2:
cluster:
     node_count = 2
     name = ocfs2
node:
     ip_port = 7777
     ip_address = 10.0.0.2
     number = 0
     name = master
     cluster = ocfs2
node:
     ip_port = 7777
     ip_address = 10.0.0.3
     number = 1
     name = shadow
     cluster = ocfs2

In debconf:
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/idle_timeout  select 30000
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/reconnect_delay select 2000
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/init select true
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/clustername select ocfs2
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/heartbeat_threshold select 31
ocfs2-tools ocfs2-tools/keepalive_delay select 2000

> PS - Please reply to the list. These discussions help others later when
> they are in the archives. :)

Sorry, my fault!

And thanks to all!
Regards