[DRBD-user] 4-way replication

Benjamin Knoth knoth at mpdl.mpg.de
Fri Jan 13 12:56:10 CET 2012

Hi,

i will create a 4 node replication with DRBD.
I read also the documentation.
I understand also the configuration of a 3 way replication, but how do i
need to config the 4 way replication?

I configured 2 2way resources successfully and now i need to config the
stacked resource.

resource r0-U {
{
protocol A;
}
stacked-on-top-of r0 {
device
/dev/drbd10;
address
192.168.42.1:7788;
}
on charlie {
		device /dev/drbd10;
		disk /dev/hda6;
		address 192.168.42.2:7788; # Public IP of the backup
		meta-disk internal;
}

}

Is the solution to define on server alice and bob and charlie and daisy
a lower level resource with protoc C and than one stacked resource where
directly the stacked resource from alice and bob communicate with the
stacked resource of charlie and daisy like this configuration?

resource stacked {
        protocol        A;
        stacked-on-top-of r0 {
        device /dev/drbd10;