[DRBD-user] DRBD+Pacemaker: Won't promote with only one node

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Jan 12 09:53:34 CET 2012

Hi,

On 01/11/2012 08:34 PM, William Seligman wrote:
> Marked additional 1028 MB as out-of-sync based on AL.

uhuh, yes, your local node would like to sync some data back from its
peer because it had marked about a gigabyte of data as "hot" in the
activity log.

> Dec 30 19:24:28 hypatia kernel: block drbd1: disk( Attaching -> Consistent )

Therefor, you don't have access to up-to-date data yet.

I suppose that by now you've split-brained badly. Question to the room:
Is Pacemaker handling this situation poorly when STONITH is configured?

What you probably want to do is to put pacemaker into maintenance mode,
bring up the peer node and resolve your split-brain or whatever is
causing your trouble. Disable maintenance mode once you're all set.

HTH,
Felix