[DRBD-user] DRBD LVM device-mapper error

Yuan Luo yuan.luo at ericsson.com
Tue Jan 10 12:40:47 CET 2012

Hi,

During established DRBD+Pacemaker, I met the problem with the following error in node2. I've googled a lot information, but nothing helped.
In another production environment, everything works. DRBD+Pacemaker, failover OK.

Could you please help me out?

app-ebs02:/dev/mapper # lvcreate -n ipwvol -L 50G ipwdg
  WARNING: Locking disabled. Be careful! This could corrupt your metadata.
  device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
  Aborting. Failed to activate new LV to wipe the start of it.

app-ebs02:/dev/mapper # dmesg |grep -i "device"
[375349.283710] device-mapper: table: 253:0: linear: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
[375349.283713] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

Is that because the hard-disk is broken? Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
YUAN LUO