[DRBD-user] drbd performance issue on SATA

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Jan 5 01:07:38 CET 2012

On Wednesday 04 January 2012 13:18:32 François Delpierre wrote:
> I noticed I did not reply to the list. So, here is the copy :
>

> Hi Eduardo,
>

> When I had these horrible performances I was not in a good situations :
> - One 2GB disk SSD 7200RPM per node.
> - DRBD 8.3, Protocol C, Active-Active
> - 2 Network interfaces on a 100Mbits network switch.

That will give you 12MB/s for drbd-io. Maybe 24 if trunked/bonded and your
switch does its job right (my hp-switch at home doesn't(*)).
Better not set your hopes to high with the ssd... Altough I never heard of an
ssd with revolutions-per-minute.

If you encounter low io performance (and you will unless your disks are way
old and PATA without DMA), invest that ~50€ and give each server a gigabit
card.

Have fun,

Arnold