[DRBD-user] DRBD+Pacemaker: Won't promote with only one node

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Wed Jan 4 21:58:09 CET 2012

I'd say the error is in the STONITH method. You evidently are giving the UPS a "SHUTDOWN" command when you should be giving it a "SLEEP" or "SUSPEND" command (Whatever your UPS Vendor's idea of power off the outlets only until the mains come on and have charged the batteries to above 5% or whatever. With the APC family and a Network Card, there are very fine controls over this sort of action. The APIs published are fairly primitive. I had to write SNMP routines to make my APC do what I wanted, when I wanted. The doc was like pulling teeth to find. If you have APC equipment, I can share. If not, what do you have? What controls does it publish?

Dan