[DRBD-user] flashcache + drbd + LVM2 + GFS2 + KVM live migration -> data corruption

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Fri Feb 24 09:31:02 CET 2012

On 02/23/12 12:15, Maurits van de Lande wrote:
>> You're having us rely on crystal balls at this time. Feed us more information and maybe someone will be able to help out.
> Okay, thanks for your reply. I didn't know how detailed the post should have been. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
> If you need more information please let me know!
> I have a complete installation/configuration guide with all the steps I used to configure the servers, but it's currently written in Dutch.

Link please? I can usually read Dutch at least for gist, and Google
Translate will help. :)

>   disk {
>    no-disk-barrier;
> #   no-disk-flushes;
>   }

Just out of curiosity, perhaps someone more familiar with the RHEL 6
kernel bits can help: seeing as in RHEL 6.2 barriers effectively map to
flushes, will setting "no-disk-barrier" on that platform effectively
disable flushes too? My hunch would be no, as I would expect DRBD to
still use blkdev_issue_flush() by default, but just throwing that
question out there -- perhaps Lars or some other kernel guru has an answer.

> Cluster configuration: (no fence devices)

Why on earth are you running a GFS2 cluster without fencing?

> Flashcache version

modinfo doesn't help. Contents of /proc/flashcache_version please?

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?