[DRBD-user] missing /dev/drbd0

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Sat Feb 18 22:28:03 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 2:04 AM, K.Radacki <K.Radacki at uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
> yesterday I had to turn off for an hour all our servers (replacement of
> emergency power generator and simulation of failure).
> After reboot the main server "lost" all 3 internet interfaces. For that
> reason DRBD failed to start. After some time I figured out, that aliases
> for NICs were not loaded (no idea why, but they disappeared from
> /etc/modprobe.conf). Again reboot network was there but still no DRBD.

If your DRBD comes up but you're getting no block devices, my
knee-jerk suggestion would be to troubleshoot your udev setup.

"Losing" NICs (for whatever that precisely means) may also point to udev issues.

> drbd driver loaded OK; device status:
> version: 8.0.16 (api:86/proto:86)

Seriously? 8.0.16? Do you like being stuck in antiquity? Do consider
to upgrade once you've resolved the problem you're currently having.

Cheers,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?