[DRBD-user] io error when mounting drbd device

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri Feb 17 12:12:32 CET 2012

On 2/17/12 6:03 AM, Lawrence Strydom wrote:
> Thanks for the replies Felix and David,
>
> OK losing data on the one node is not an issue for me at this point
> but I cannot afford a repeat. I am very glad this happened now before
> going live.
> I shut down ocfs2 and o2cb on the secondary node and am busy
> re-syncing now. What could have caused this?  The machines were both
> untouched for a week with no traffic other than developers testing the
> site.
Need more logs - This just indicates it tried to reconnect, and was
already split brain.

grep for 'drbd' in /var/log/messages on both boxes and post it on
pastie.org or something. Chances are it was broke for a while, and you
just noticed. I would bet there is a 'PingAck' error somewhere, and
there is a network problem around that time.

What is your drbd replication running over - Single cross-over, bonded
interface, bunch of switches? Do you have any fencing in place?

David