[DRBD-user] io error when mounting drbd device

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Fri Feb 17 11:38:14 CET 2012

On 2/17/12 4:19 AM, Lawrence Strydom wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I used DRBD in dual primary mode with ocfs2 for my load balancing web
> server cluster. I didn't encounter any errors during setup and when I
> put the web site on the DRBD device on the primary node, it replicated
> without any errors. It has been running fine during the week of
> testing but this morning when we updated code located on the DRBD
> device we noticed it was not replicating to the secondary node.
> the DRBD device was mounted on both nodes but /proc/drbd output this:
>
> *version: 8.3.7 (api:88/proto:86-91)
> GIT-hash: ea9e28dbff98e331a62bcbcc63a6135808fe2917 build by
> root at web01.junkmail.co.za, 2012-01-10 09:54:40
>  0: cs:StandAlone ro:Primary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown   r----
>     ns:0 nr:0 dw:5960937 dr:5047235 al:1490 bm:1363 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0
> ap:0 ep:1 wo:b oos:8840028*
So you have a split brain, i think - you didn't post the drbd output
from the other node, so that's just an educated guess.

shutdown ocfs2/o2cb on one node, and follow this:

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-resolve-split-brain.html

then validate both are primary/uptodate and restart your filesystem
clustering.

You will need to post all the drbd logs from both boxes to understand
what root cause is. You are running a oldish version of drbd, plus you
didn't indicate what your os/kernel was.

David