[DRBD-user] replication link stability

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Feb 16 17:37:48 CET 2012

On 02/16/2012 11:02 AM, Piotr Kandziora wrote:
> Digimer,
>

> Thanks for your answer. DRBD Proxy could be a solution, but it is not
> possible for today.
>
> I am thinking of trying DRBD with protocol A, but currently I am not
> able to test on my environment as it is in production. I will have
> maintenance window on the weekend. Do you think it can help? If yes, may
> you suggest values for tcp send buffer?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards
> Piotr Kandziora

I am not the person to advise on tuning. For that, I would either ask on
#drbd or call Linbit and ask for tuning support.

Protocol A is not ideal, as it prevents dual-primary use (which may not
be an issue) and is asynchronous, which means consistency on the
secondary node is not always guaranteed. I would not recommend it, but
it is an option is you are willing to assume the risk.

By far, the ideal solution is to use a wired connection.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com