[DRBD-user] drbd + flashcache

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri Feb 10 15:38:37 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm exploring the features of flashcache see: http://www.github.com/facebook/flashcache and I like it's possibilities.
Fortunately toracat from elrepo has been so kind to create an el6 package. http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=228

I'm thinking of using flashcache with drbd in the following setup:

- Centos6.2 (currently)
- /dev/sdc : a RAID1 SSD array as flashcache
- /dev/sdb : a RAID5 HD array for storage

Then to create a cached storage array (cached sdb using sdc)
/dev/mapper/flashcache1

I would like to use that device for drbd. Can this cached storage array be used as a drbd target?

Best regards,

Maurits van de Lande