[DRBD-user] Problem with drbd 8.4.1 on linux kernel 3.0.0

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Feb 3 16:35:59 CET 2012

Hi,

On 02/03/2012 04:05 PM, Owen Le Blanc wrote:
> This still
> leaves open the question of why split brain keeps occuring?  The
> cluster is managed by pacemaker, version 1.1.6, with corosync, version
> 1.4.2.  There isn't actually any real data on the two drbd devices,
> since this is only a test.  But it concerns me that it seems to go
> into split brain about once a week.

this is neigh impossible to answer without looking at your setup and
workflows.

Split brain can only happen when the nodes get disconnected (this
includes downtimes of either node).
How often are your nodes getting separated thus?

...this is not dual-primary, is it?

Prune your logs, it should be easy to determine when DRBD changes
states. As to why, well - analyzing pacemaker activity from hindsight
can be challenging, I guess. Your best bet is probably to make sure the
nodes don't get separated, and that maintenance is done very carefully.

HTH,
Felix