[DRBD-user] Full resync after reboot

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Feb 2 15:11:44 CET 2012

On 02/02/2012 02:58 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>> Technically, if you'd manipulate the local metadata to make your UUID
>> > 36357CED276F2436, DRBD would assume that it can perform a quicksync (I
>> > believe).
> Now the bits are all set, there is no way to "unset" them again.

Ah, I see now. Manipulating UUIDs could be done with "set-gi", whereas
there is no counterpart for obliterating the bitmap.

I had been thinking of doing something gory with dump-md + restore-md,
anyway (not that I'd heartily recommend trying this kind of thing). Out
of curiosity, though: Is that technically feasible?

Cheers,
Felix