[DRBD-user] Choreography for db storage consistency check use case

John Anthony chirayithaj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 00:03:34 CET 2012

All:

Fairly new to DRBD, so request patience with framing the question itself.

Net Net - want to "use" secondary DRBD storage to start up the database and
do consistency checks, and if everything pans out, re-synchronize the
volumes.

>From reading the user guide, it would appear to me that the following can
work (assuming that the volumes have been correctly paired and are in
ds:UptoDate/UptoDate).

1) "Down" the resource to get the secondary into standalone mode
2) bring up db on secondary drbd devices and run checks
3) "Up" the resource

Questions are:-
1) If the use case feasible ? Assuming YES!
2) Does the drbd pairing have to detached (part if down) ?
2a) will the entire device have to resync (even if via checksum) after the
detach ?
3) Or is a disconnect sufficient to make secondary volumes available ?

TIA,

-JAC