[DRBD-user] can't mount on secondary node

Martin Gerhard Loschwitz martin.loschwitz at hastexo.com
Wed Feb 1 16:56:50 CET 2012

> Martin,

> I'm actually running a dual-active Samba server with a shared GFS2
> file-system (block-replicated by DR:BD). I'm also (ab)using it for an
> Apache/Tomcat installation with session replication in Tomcat through a
> shared file-system.

> Of course, all this is balanced using RR-DNS, and when one node fails,
> the cluster resource (IP address) is taken over by the surviving node to
> re-establish service (at somewhat lower performance).

> Did a kitten just die?

> Robert Campbell

Robert,

what sort of STONITH do you use for this setup? How did the system react
the last time where the interconnect between the two nodes was broken
but they were still up and running? And when did you test the fail-over
capabilities of your cluster for the last time?

What happens if one of your nodes fails and GFS thinks that it will have
to fence them until that fencing process is actually done?

I'll get a shovel while waiting for the answer. ;-)

Best regards
Martin

--
Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
Chief Brand Officer, Principal Consultant