[DRBD-user] can't mount on secondary node

Martin Gerhard Loschwitz martin.loschwitz at hastexo.com
Wed Feb 1 15:38:38 CET 2012

Am 01.02.12 14:59, schrieb Felix Frank:
> On 02/01/2012 02:44 PM, Martin Gerhard Loschwitz wrote:
>> Every time somebody recommends to use Pacemaker with
>> OCFS2, god kills a kitten.
>
> News to me. Care to elaborate? Better alternatives?

For a company I used to work for, I wrote a very extensive guide on
why using DRBD in Dual-Primary mode is not a good idea (let alone
using OCFS2 or GFS2 on top of it). I can't link to it here directly,
but googling for "DRBD Dual-Primary think twice" should get you
going.

Long story short: Don't look for "better alternatives" to OCFS2 or
GFS2; instead, get rid of the requirement to run a shared FS.

The ability to do live-migration is one of the very few real-world
use-cases I have ever seen where using DRBD in Dual-Primary mode is
justified.

Best regards
Martin

--
Martin Gerhard Loschwitz
Chief Brand Officer, Principal Consultant