[DRBD-user] how to separate

Atıf CEYLAN mehmet at atifceylan.com
Mon Dec 31 13:36:33 CET 2012

Hi all,
I have four disk arrays (raid 5) that each of which is 1.8TB and
consisting of 12 disk volumes. I will use DRDB with OCFS2. I want to
separate the to use as volumes. I think it might cause high CPU usage if
each "resource" contains a volume.
I want to minimize the crashes and split-brain problems. I don't want to
have to synchronize my all volumes by DRDB when, for example, my first
server crashes and starts up again or if there be a disk problem on
runtime.
So should I insert all volumes of each disk into the same resource in
the configuration file or not?

For example,

resource disk1{
  volume 0{ disk /dev/sdb1 } #200gb