[DRBD-user] BAD! BarrierAck #422889 received, expected #422893

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Aug 23 12:00:30 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 07:01:23PM +0200, Lutz Vieweg wrote:
> On 08/22/2012 05:18 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> >>d-con ResourceData2: BAD! BarrierAck #422870 received, expected #422875!
>
> >>After those minutes the synchronization seemed to work fine, and the
> >>system is now up and running.
> >>
> >>I've read elsewhere that these messages might be "over-paranoid",
> >
> >No, they are not.
> >Not in this case, at least.

Now I see where you are coming from...
There are other "BAD!" and some gibberish messages involving negative
rs_left, which are in fact harmless (though not over-paranoid; only
correctable; should also be fixed meanwhile...).

These (about the barrier sequence numbers) are an important sanity
check.

> Is there reason to doubt the data integrity on the secondary side now
> that the sync is over? Will we need to trigger a complete re-sync once
> the fix is installed?

No.
As far as I can see...

> >Unfortunately I'm working on some more issues (one being in-kernel list
> >corruption) before tagging and pushing rc2.
> >
> >Should happen later today/tomorrow, though.
>
> Ok, just let us know when to "git pull"...

RC2 announcement will follow "soon", I hope.

	Lars

--
: Lars Ellenberg