[DRBD-user] ds:Uptodate not uptodate

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Fri Aug 17 00:55:15 CEST 2012

Run a verify. It will show issues, I imagine. The version "you like" should
be primary. drbdadm disconnect and then drbdadm connect (from either node)
and they'll sync up.

I imagine some changes were made to one of the devices while not under drbd
control, so no "stale" bits were set in the bitmap. Verify will find them
all and update the bitmap.

Also, be CERTAIN you are not mounting the underlying block devices not via
drbd anywhere, ever.

Oops, I just reread your message, "The systems have been synced twice". How
are you performing the sync? The verify/disconnect/reconnect is the
fastest/best way to resync nearly identical resources. If you have truly
synced the devices and not written to them outside drbd control, the only
way they can diverge is hardware failure - rarely undetected.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Dan