[DRBD-user] using truck based replication, but trying to save some gas

Two Spirit twospirit6905 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:28:34 CEST 2012

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-using-truck-based-replication.html<http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-using-truck-based-replication.html>
I've already got remote sites (small sites with slow bw) that can hold
data, and I'm regularly getting new data that I'd like to replicate
remotely to multiple sites. I'm evaluating using drbd for that, but I
wanted some torrent type technology to replicate to multiple sites. I
currently use rsync, but revering the rsync in a recovery scenario is not
desireable. I have used the shipping method to ship and seed to a remote
backup site, but I'd like to avoid mainly because from the recovery point
of view, when a major disaster happens, I want to start recoverying and
utilize more bandwidth than what one remote site can upload, and maybe I
can put myself in a situation where recovery would be faster than the truck
method for recovery especially since the small sites use DSL and upload
speeds are way smaller than their DL speeds.

anyone know of any torrent technology for remote [secure] replications that
I might be able to use? I'm evaluating the tahoe-lafs currently for that,
but I'd like something different.