[DRBD-user] NFS/smb server in one

Two Spirit twospirit6905 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:04:35 CEST 2012

Hi, newbie here.

I found some docs and gone through docs(all slightly different
implementations, but similar in concept) on NFS redundancy using heartbeat
and drbd.
I export my data using both NFS as well as SMB simultaneously. But the docs
on the heartbeat didn't talk about both NFS and SMB at the same time --
either one or the other.  I couldn't really locate documents that talked
about this specific scenario of both at the same time. Is it recommended to
use the unix SaMBa redundancy using heartbeat/drbd or the native PDC/BDC
with LDAP? Using the later method, I don't understand how
state is kept if the  server can't mount the drbd secondary.

Modifying the /etc/ha.d/haresources

This is what I found on how to configure heartbeat
server1 IPaddr::192.168.1.1 drbddisk::r0
Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt/drbd::ext3 nfs-kernel-server

This is what I found on how to configure heartbeat for smb
server1 192.168.1.1 drbddisk Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/mnt/drbd::ext3 smb

>From the similarities of configs for NFS and SaMBa redundancy, I'm assuming
that both can be done simultaneously. Not really known yet.