[DRBD-user] strange checksum error

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Wed Aug 1 10:22:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 08/01/2012 10:02 AM, Csurai Akos wrote:
> Those corrupted binary files has some 40 kbytes hole filled with zeros.
> Yes it can be a HW issue, but we did not see it with C protocol
> (which is deadly slow in our system unfortunately)
>
> Have someone seen something similar ?

no. Very strange, seeing as sync protocols should have nothing to do
with it.

Why is C slower than B in your setup? Does your secondary have an
inferior I/O stack? I'd advise to match the peers' hardware and switch
back to protocol C in that case. Otherwise, you should really try to
find out what's making it slow, because it shouldn't be.

Cheers,
Felix