[DRBD-user] ib or 10gbe?

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Mon Apr 30 13:11:39 CEST 2012

I'm considering configurations for a pair of new servers - a 2 node Xen cluster with shared storage.

It looks like I can build a HP server with direct connected 10gbe or ib for approximately the same price. Given the choice, what is the preference these days? The link will be dedicated to DRBD so other communications over the link are unimportant.

And are the HP ib cards well supported under Linux? Anecdotal reports appreciated!

Thanks

James