[DRBD-user] block: BARRIER is deprecated, use FLUSH/FUA instead

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu Apr 5 09:51:45 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Ryan Shannon <shannon at visionlink.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are running a file-server cluster using centos6, drbd, corosync, and
> pacemaker. Each time drbd is started, a kernel oops is triggered (see
> below).

Nope. That's a call trace, but not an oops.

> I have the 'no-disk-barrier' option enabled in /etc/drbd.conf.

Are you absolutely positive it really applies to the resource in
question, as per "drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 show"?

I'd be surprised if I saw that "BARRIER is deprecated" warning on a
system that used both an up to date RHEL kernel, and DRBD 8.3.12. Of
course, something could be messed up in the ELrepo build (incorrectly
applied compatibility wrappers at build time), or something may be
fishy in DRBD itself. A not entirely dissimilar issue was fixed in 8.4
recently, but it shouldn't affect 8.3 really so that would be a bit of
a long shot.

At any rate, no way to tell without verifying that the no-disk-barrier
option is in fact enabled on your running resource.

Hope this helps,
Florian

--
Need help with High Availability?