[DRBD-user] Hardware-recomendation needed

Lukas Gradl proxmox at ssn.at
Wed Apr 4 04:21:02 CEST 2012

> Yes.
>
> I benchmarked exactly as described in that doc.

And a little addition:

I created a 3 32GB disks for a KVM-Guest on that SATA-Disk:

First on local LVM, second on DRBD using external metadata and third on
DRBD using internal metadata.

Each of that 32GB disks was partitioned to one 32GB partition and was
formatted inside the KVM-Guest (Debian Squeeze, disks connected as
virtio-device) with ext3.

The formatting took 19s for local lvm, 95s for drbd with external
metadata and 133s for drbd with internal metadata...

regards
Lukas

--
software security networks