[DRBD-user] Sync gets stalled at 100%

Marcelo Pereira marcelops at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 02:06:54 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have been trying to sync two DRBD nodes, but it gets stalled at 100%.

They are only 16Tb big. It has 6Tb of data to be sync'ed. How I know that??
Well, I have never seen these nodes sync'ed, and I have transferred 6Tb of
data to the primary node, having the secondary node down. Now I just want
to sync.

Well, the sync process forecasts 33h to go through, and I did sync two
times already, just to see it stalled at the very 100%.

I know I'm using an old version (8.2.6), but I wonder why it's getting
stalled. The volumes are now umounted (unused) and sync'ing. I will wait
another 33h to check this out.

Is there a way to do some stops (checkpoints)?? For example, I though I
could stop the drbd once in a while, just to "consolidate" the sync
"changes/position". This way, if it gets stalled, I would have to wait less
than 33h, in opposition of starting over all the times. (Yes, it's starting
over, all the times).

Any advices??

Thanks,
Marcelo