[DRBD-user] Opinion on hardware for a DRBD active/passive

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Thu Sep 29 13:44:36 CEST 2011

When planning hardware for DRBD everyone agrees that :
- your network adapters have to be very reliable
- you should watch out for bad RAM
- your hardware must perfectly supported by Linux
By mixing disk I/O and network activity, DRBD will put a lot of stress
hardware interrupts, network stacks and disk subsystems. This will
trigger small bugs in many faulty hardware.
These will cause huge problems such as kernel opps, frozen servers,
forced resyncs, and eventually loss of data.

Maybe it'd be worth adding this to the official documentation ? Sorry if
it's there already.

Lionel Sausin.