[DRBD-user] sync data size of DRBD

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Fri Sep 23 12:35:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/23/2011 10:57 AM, Florian Haas wrote:
>> In a oracle case, we have file size increased about 135MB, but DRBD
>> > have to transmit about 1GB, is that something wrong?
> Eh, what? How did you arrive at those numbers, IOW, what makes you think
> DRBD is transmitting 1G, and in what context?

the amount of quick sync data is indeed printed to the kernel log. I'm
assuming that we're talking about a quicksync scenario, i.e. the peers
have just reconnected after a period of standalone access to the primary.

To the OP: Keep in mind that DRBD cannot limit the sync to data that has
been appended to your files. If there where changes to blocks that
belong to existing files, those must be synced as well.

You can try and enable md5sums for a potential reduction in transfer
volumes. Your mileage will vary.

HTH,
Felix