[DRBD-user] use drbd on wan

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Sep 22 09:48:14 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/21/2011 09:05 PM, Mia Lueng wrote:
> But the lvm snapshot merge is only supported in rhel6,(we uset sles11
> sp1).  Is there another way to merge the snapshot?

you need a much younger kernel than SLES11SP1 provides, yes.

You could try and build your own kernel (plus lvm utils that support the
merge).

If you can afford the disk space, its much simpler (albeit much more
time consuming) to dd from your snapshot to a temporary partition, then
back to the original LV.

HTH,
Felix