[DRBD-user] KVM / Heartbeat Master->Server Takeover

Florian Haas f.g.haas at gmx.net
Wed Sep 14 21:37:59 CEST 2011

On 2011-09-14 18:43, Robert P wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've installed DRBD / Heartbeat (Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) on two HP Servers.

Please, please please ditch that Heartbeat v1 setup, install Pacemaker
(on Heartbeat if you prefer), and start over. There is no way you are
going to get this running reliably with the way you set this up initially.

Read up on Pacemaker, its DRBD integration (covered in the DRBD User's
Guide), and use the VirtualDomain OCF resource agent that ships in the
stock package. You can use those to build a reliable, stable
virtualization high-availability setup like countless others have before
you.

Sorry to sound rude, but that's my honest opinion.

Cheers,
Florian