[DRBD-user] Opinion on hardware for a DRBD active/passive

Moti Levy moti at 101tech.net
Thu Sep 8 20:50:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am building a KVM environment to reaplce some old dev/QA servers, due
to budget constraints I dont have a lot to invest in storage.

I wanted to know if anyone is using or used these :
RACKABLE 3U STORAGE SERVER S3012-F
I saw some on ebay with the following specs :

ARIMA HDAMA DUAL PROCESSOR SERVER BOARD
2 AMD OPTERON 280 2.4GHz DUAL CORE CPU
8GB PC3200R DDR
12X 500GB SATA HARD DRIVES
3WARE 9500 raid controller
which seems fine but I know 3ware and drbd do not play well together and
was looking for some input.

The environment will run about 20 virtual hosts, with light load (
mainly testing PHP code )

Thanks

Moti