[DRBD-user] Using names instead of IPs in resource 'address' entries

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Tue Sep 6 19:49:08 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 06 September 2011 19:25:04 Digimer wrote:
> In my case, this isn't in the cloud. It's much more benal in that I tend
> to move clusters between my office and my home lab for various reasons,
> and they use different IP space. Really, I should make them compatible,
> but that's all secondary to the curiosity of why I couldn't use
> hostnames. DNS lookups in kernel space makes sense though. :)

One possible "solution" for you is to have two network interfaces (either real
or via vlan): one for the public ip with changing addresses due to dhcp and
one with fixed addresses for drbd. Using a dedicated network-link for the
mirroring (and possibly the cluster communication) improves your usability of
the cluster.

Have fun,

Arnold