[DRBD-user] Using names instead of IPs in resource 'address' entries

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Tue Sep 6 18:06:05 CEST 2011

I find myself setting up clusters in one location, then moving them to a
second location which requires a new set of IPs. With the other cluster
applications, this is not a problem because I can use resolvable names
and update just /etc/hosts. However, this doesn't seem to be possible in
DRBD.

Am I missing something obvious? If it is possible, please let me know.

If it's not possible, may I ask why not? Would it be possible to request
this ability as a feature request for a future release?

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially,
a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab
through the sky with fire and math?"