[DRBD-user] examples of dual primary DRBD

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Mon Oct 10 12:12:43 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-08 15:55, Bart Coninckx wrote:
> On 10/08/11 00:25, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
>>> OK, I posted the drbd.conf on http://pastebin.com/SQe9YxhY
>>> cibadmin -Q is on http://pastebin.com/gTZqsACq
>>> The split brain logging is on http://pastebin.com/7unKKkdi .
>> I somehow think you added some "--force" or "--overwrite-data-of-peer"
>> to some drbdadm/drbdsetup primary invocation?
>>> Could this be some sort of timing issue? Manually things are find,
>>> but there are some seconds in between the primary promotions.
> OK, seems to be some sort of timing issue. I "fixed" this by adding a
> "sleep 1" in the RA right before the "do_drbdadm primary $DRBD_RESOURCE"
> line.
> I'm surprised though that I'm the first one to run into this.

Er, wait. I'm cross-posting this to the Pacemaker list on a hunch.

Andrew, in Boston last year you mentioned you were planning to implement
a change to Master/Slave sets in which, iirc, startup and promotion
would happen in one fell swoop (I believe the NTT folks made a
compelling case for this). Has that change ever been implemented? And if
so, at which Pacemaker version? Is there a configuration option to
revert back to the old behavior where the resource would be started
first, and then promotion would occur some time after that?

Need help with High Availability?