[DRBD-user] [Linux-HA] violate uniqueness for parameter "drbd_resource"

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Wed Oct 19 17:16:17 CEST 2011

Hello,

On 10/19/2011 04:49 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> What we have is a 4 node cluster: 2 Running mysql on a active/passive,
> and 2 running our application on an active/active:
>
> MyDRBD1 and MyDRBD2: Mysql, DRBD (active/passive)
> ASTDRBD1 and ASTDRBD2: In-house application, DRBD dual primary
> A snippet of our config looks like this:
>
> node mydrbd1 \
>        attributes standby="off"
> node mydrbd2 \
>        attributes standby="off"
> node astdrbd1 \
>        attributes standby="off"
> node astdrbd2 \
>        attributes standby="off"
> primitive drbd_mysql ocf:linbit:drbd \
> 	params drbd_resource="r0.res" \
> 	op monitor role=Master interval="10" \
> 	op monitor role=Slave interval="30"
> primitive drbd_asterisk ocf:linbit:drbd \
> 	params drbd_resource="r0.res" \
> 	op monitor interval="20" timeout="20" role=Master \
> 	op monitor interval="30" timeout="20" role="Slave"
> ms ms_drbd_asterisk drbd_asterisk \
> 	meta master-max="2" notify="true" \
> 	interleave="true"
> group MyServices myIP fs_mysql mysql \
> 	meta target-role="Started"
> group ASTServices astIP asteriskDLM asteriskO2CB fs_asterisk \
> 	meta target-role="Started"
>
> I am recieving the following warning: "WARNING: Resources
> drbd_asterisk,drbd_mysql violate uniqueness for parameter
> "drbd_resource": "r0.res""
> Now the obvious thing to do is to change the resource name at the DRBD
> level however, I assumed that the parameter uniqueness was bound to
> the primitive?

Only one resource per cluster should use this value for this attribute
if it is marked globally-unique in the RA meta-information.

Do yourself a favour and give the DRBD resources a meaningful name, how
about "asterisk" and "mysql" ;-)

> My second "quick" question is, I like to use group + location to
> single out services on specific nodes however, when creating clones:
>
> clone cloneDLM asteriskDLM meta globally-unique="false" interleave="true"
>
> I am recieving "ERROR: asteriskDLM already in use at ASTServices"
> error? My question is, what are the benefits of using group + location
> vs. clone + location?

Once a resource is in a group it cannot be used for clones/MS any more
... though you can clone a group or make it MS.

> With the latter I assue we will have a long list of location (one for
> each primitive + node)? And with the former we do not have he meta
> information
> (globally-unique, and interleave)?

I assume you want to manage a cluster filesystem ... so put all the
dlm/o2cb/cluster-fs resources in a group and clone it (and use
interleave for this clone)

Regards,
Andreas

--