[DRBD-user] Increasing a DRBD array

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Tue Oct 18 14:08:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

Okay, this is my list of what to do, and in what order:

1. remove the primary from DRBD
2. add the physical disk to the primary
3. add the primary back to DRBD and allow resync.
4. remove the secondary from DRBD
5. add the physical disk to the secondary
6. add the secondary back to DRBD and allow resync.
7. fdisk and add the disk to the RAID array on primary and secondary
8. grow the RAID array on the primary and secondary (while mounted or not mounted?)
9. drbdadm resize on the primary (can this be done while drbd is in use?)
10. expand the file system on the primary only (via Citrix XenServer (iSCSI))

That sounds about right.  As long as I don't lose data. (yeah, backups.  That's left up to my client, but becomes my problem if they failed.)

Gerald